Dennis Bryan S. Villarin

the travels of densoy, also known as congex, cocong, dennis bryan

Sunday, December 03, 2006

Back to the Ship

Congex is back on board his Cruise Vessel and is not expected back until next year. I had many photos of him in the Vatican, at the Sistine Chapel, at St. Peter's Square, the Spanish Steps, etc. There was one spectacular photograph of the Solar Eclipse taken from the Mediterranean and I would have wanted to publish it here but my hard drive gave out and took those precious photos with it.

I should have backed up that hard drive. God knows how fragile computer components really are. But one never thinks that today would be a bad day. No one listens to Murphy's Law I guess, least of all, me. I should not be blaming Murphy's Law because I should have seen it coming, the way I had been using that hard drive. When it started making funny noises I should already have made preparations to transfer my data.

In many ways I am fatalistic and I let things happen as they will. I like to watch and see events as they unfold even if it is disastrous for me. A hard drive is bound to give out. There is an estimated life expectancy which is between seven and nine years. One definitely expects it to give out earlier or later than this estimate. I was happy having that hard drive work for me for around six years. That hard drive has seen lots of data come and go and I have lost many of them to negligence.

I guess being prudent and backing up stuff is a trait or characteristic which is admirable but I never got around to learning or assimilating it into my personality. Everything must succcumb to the inexorable force of entropy and to attempt to reverse or counter it is merely going to delay the inevitable. I believe that when it goes, then it is time to get something new. He he. Is that foolish, or what?

Check out Ching's Empire of Online Resources.

Business Finance, Cars and trucks, Computers and the Internet, Family, Food and Drink, Health, Home Improvement, Kids and Teens, Legal, Marketing, Online Business, Parenting, Recreation and Sports, Self Improvement and Motivation, Site Promotion, Travel and Leisure, Web Design and Development, Women, Writing.

This and that resource or directory can be interesting to browse and peruse. There are lots of stuff to see and enjoy.

1 Comments:

Blogger kate said...

i have been reading your blogs..actually your life.haha and i was amazed how strong you are!
i am with you..just keep your sanity.we dont have much choice in this imperfect world right?!

10:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Cell Phones
Cingular